Wednesday, December 26, 2012

SharePoint 2010 search administration reports throwing error

While configuring all the service applications, I came across the Link "View Administrative Reports" under the Monitoring section.  When I went ahead and clicked on the one of the reports "CrawledRatePerContentSource", I got an error  "An unexpected error has occured".

I did an analysis of the ULS logs and found that it could not find the store procedure as highlighted in the screenshot below.

Then after doing some more analysis found that there is a timer job named as "Search Health Monitoring - Trace Events" which was in disabled state. Once this timer job is enabled and executed, the store procedures are created and thus execution of reports happen successfully.

Happy Troubleshooting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment